Love to keep up with the trends and showcase the latest styles and fashion in and around your home?
This spring you’ll find color everywhere. The hottest trends in color – and paint – are right in line with the feeling of spring: bright, colorful, fresh and full of life.
Every year, the color authorities at Pantone release what’s hot for the season in color. It’s what you’ll see when you head to the stores, and its what you’ll see making a splash throughout the fashion magazines. And while color first impacts what you wear, invariably it trickles down to the fashions you’ll see for your home as well. When the hottest color of the year is Radiant Orchid, I guarantee you’ll find that in bedding, pillows, kitchen décor, accessories, and more in all of your favorite stores.
This years trends include:
- Placid Blue – a peaceful and calm blue reminiscent of a tranquil sky
- Violet Tulip – a vintage purple that evokes nostalgia
- Hemlock – an ornamental green that provides a decorative touch
- Sand – a lightly toasted neutral color that brings out carefree days at the beach
- Cayenne – a high pitched red with a hint of spiciness
- Freesia – a blazing yellow that matches the summer sun
- Celosia Orange – warmth and energy, wonderfully paired with Freesia to remind you of warm summer days
- Radiant Orchid – a bold purple that makes its way to the top of color choices
- Dazzling blue – a polar opposite of placid blue, dark and vibrant
Looking at each of them automatically warms you up after a wild Colorado winter.
If the thought of this much color in your home leaves you anything but excited, don’t worry. Color doesn’t have to cover all four walls in your room.
- Use it on one wall to coordinate and add a pop to the room’s décor
- Use it in small areas – above a panel of windows, or below a chair rail
- Use it on trim
- Use it on the ceiling
- Use it on cabinets and furniture
- Use it in your accessories
There is no right or wrong way to use color. Color can be used to create anything you choose.
If you’re still having trouble envisioning color on your walls, give us a call. We can show you how brilliant color can be in your life. And we’ll help you choose the right color for you, whether its one of 2014’s latest trends, or a tried and true shade that will last for years.