When you paint your home, you choose your paint according to your specific needs inside your home. For instance, you might choose a semi-gloss paint for your child’s room to ensure easy cleanup.
Painting a commercial location is not that much different than painting residential when it comes to paint choices. Here are some tips to help you with your commercial paint job.
- Choose the paint according to the environment. Just as you chose an easy to clean paint for your child’s room, choose paint for your commercial location based on what the paint might be exposed to. For example, you want a durable paint for areas that may be exposed to harsh chemicals.
- Prepare the surfaces to be painted. In your home, you would never paint the walls without cleaning them first and removing any old paint. The same is true for commercial locations. Remove old paint from the walls and rust from metals before painting. This will ensure a clean, smooth application of the paint.
- Consider the quality of the paint. You may want to save money on your commercial location, but if you cut too many corners on paint, you will only spend more money in the long run. Invest in quality, durable paint now, so you do not have to worry about repainting in the near future.
- Consider going “green” for interior paints. These types of paints are more environmentally friendly, making them a better choice for areas where people will frequent. For example, a waiting area or office area is ideal for “green” paints because people will not have to smell the strong odor of the paint. You will also be doing your part for the environment by going “green.”
- For the exterior of your commercial location, choose a paint that is not only aesthetically appealing, but also able to withstand the outside environment. You want a paint that can withstand temperature changes, rain, snow, and other harsh elements.
Paint Denver is your premiere house painting company in the Denver Metro area. We are committed to professionalism, integrity, and sustainability in the painting industry. Living up to this commitment means that we follow through on our promises and treat every customer like they are our only customer while minimizing waste where possible.