Have you ever walked into a home that doesn’t feel quite right? The rooms just don’t flow well together?
Chances are it all comes down to paint.
Paint is the one thing people love to change out on a regular basis. But get it wrong, and you may be living with a mistake for many months at a time. Here are some tips to help you stay on track with your next home decorating project.
- Forgetting to look at the big picture – remember that your colors need to flow through your entire home. Choose colors that will complement each other from room to room.
- Never choose the paint first – choose your furniture first, then choose your paint colors based on the colors and hues in the fabric. This will ensure that the furniture and the walls complement each other.
- Choosing without thinking – make sure your colors fit the rooms. For example, you do not want a bright, purple bedroom, even if purple is your favorite color. Your bedroom should be a relaxing place that is conducive to sleeping. Choose colors according to the rooms in which they will be used.
- Avoiding the trends – you can be trendy without following the crowd. Instead of avoiding trends altogether, personalize the trends by making small changes, such as choosing softer colors.
- Going for the gusto – when choosing paint colors, you may be tempted to choose the brightest color you can find. However, holding back and choosing a more subdued version of your color of choice will help create the overall look and feel you are trying to achieve without overkill.
If you are ever in doubt about your choices of paint, seek the advice of a professional painter. Sometimes, you need to see things through someone else’s eyes. A professional will be able to assist you in choosing the right colors for each room of your home to help you create the place of your dreams. Let PaintDenver assist in selecting the right colors for you home painting.
Paint Denver is your premiere house painting company in the Denver Metro area. We are committed to professionalism, integrity, and sustainability in the painting industry. Living up to this commitment means that we follow through on our promises and treat every customer like they are our only customer while minimizing waste where possible.