Ready to paint the exterior of your home this summer? Choosing what color can be a daunting task. Couple that with having to choose another color for the trim, and for many people its enough to make them put the entire project on hold.
But it doesn’t have to be that way.
There are a few tips and tricks to help you choose the perfect color that will warm your home’s exterior and make you fall in love with your house all over again.
- When painting the window and door frames, in general they will look better when painted the main color of your home.
- Window sashes and shutters should be the darkest parts of your color scheme. This is what builds depth in your home, and will make the windows blend into the overall appeal of your home.
- The window sash color is usually repeated for the front door and for any porch steps you may have. If your windows require painting, this color can be repeated there as well.
- Gutters and drain spouts should be painted to be as inconspicuous as possible. Gutters may be painted the trip color to blend in with the trim, while drain spouts may be painted the color of the body of the house to blend in with the overall siding.
- The ceilings on your porch, eaves or other areas should be painted the main color of the body of your house.
- If you have a multi story home and want to use more than one body color, make sure the darkest shade is on the bottom, lightening as you go up. To put the darker color on top with the lighter color on the bottom will make it appear top heavy.
For more help on exterior painting in Denver.
Paint Denver is your premiere house painting company in the Denver Metro area. We are committed to professionalism, integrity, and sustainability in the painting industry. Living up to this commitment means that we follow through on our promises and treat every customer like they are our only customer while minimizing waste where possible.