Apartment property managers certainly have their hands full! Apartment managers have a duty to make sure ALL tenants are taken care of and happy. The more tenants there are, the more difficult it can be to keep everyone happy.
This is especially true when it comes to painting safety. When one apartment in an apartment building is being painted, it can affect the rest of the apartments in the building. How does this happen? The fumes from the painted apartment can travel to the other apartments through the ventilation system and other types of “shared air.” This means that someone a floor above or below the painted apartment could suffer the ill effects of the paint fumes.
Apartment property managers must make sure that everyone in the building is safe from the potentially harmful fumes of the fresh paint. Here are some tips to ensure everyone’s safety.
- Managers should schedule painting for the fall or the spring when possible. These seasons make it easier for windows to be opened for ventilation while still maintaining the comfort of the tenants.
- Managers should also notify neighbors in the community about the upcoming paint job. This will help them prepare for the possibility of fumes.
- Managers need to ensure that only licensed professionals are hired to do the painting. Professionals will have access to the right equipment to ensure the least amount of fumes.
- Managers should also choose the paint that has the least amount of fumes. Painting professionals can help managers choose the right paint for the job.
- Managers need to inspect the painted unit while it is being painted and for about 3 days after the project is complete. This inspection should ensure that box fans and other forms of proper ventilation are being used to keep the fumes from bothering tenants.
- Managers can also offer box fans to neighboring apartments to help remove fumes that manage to escape the painted apartment.
For more help on exterior painting in Denver.
Paint Denver is your premiere house painting company in the Denver Metro area. We are committed to professionalism, integrity, and sustainability in the painting industry. Living up to this commitment means that we follow through on our promises and treat every customer like they are our only customer while minimizing waste where possible.