When you are in the service industry, it is important to have a safe and secure method for customers to pay for services, or even to pay for services yourself. No one wants to just hand over your credit or debit card to just anyone – that can be a recipe for disaster, such as identity theft.
So, how can services be paid for and still have vital information protected? The answer lies with Bitcoin. Bitcoin is a new type of currency involving transactions with no banks or other middle men, and it allows users to buy anonymously.
Here are 5 reasons why you should consider paying with Bitcoin.
- Safe transactions – since Bitcoin doesn’t require you to give up your private information, your transactions are safer and more secure. You use a combination of “private” and “public” keys to sign transactions.
- Cheap – Bitcoin transactions are much cheaper than swipe fees charged by credit card companies – in many cases, there are no fees at all!
- No chargebacks – Bitcoin does not allow chargebacks like your credit card company. Without the recipient’s permission, the transaction cannot be reversed. This is helpful to service providers, who can avoid fraudulent chargebacks, and to consumers, who do not wind up paying higher prices because of those fraudulent chargebacks.
- No inflation – Bitcoin was made to have a set number of coins available for use – up to 21 million. Once that number is reached, no more Bitcoins will be created, protecting both service providers and consumers from the effects of inflation.
- Your account belongs to you – with other online payment providers, your account can be closed at any time for whatever reason they deem fit. With Bitcoin, your account belongs to you. Your “private” key cannot be taken away from you, and no one else will ever know your key, unless you reveal that information.
Here at Paint Denver, we strive to give you the best customer service along with the safest way to do business. We accept bitcoins and would be happy to talk to you in more detail about how you can pay for your next painting project with bitcoins.